Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lazy Sunday

This morning was pretty laid back. Last night Linda went to a barbecue with some friends, but I was really exhausted after our long day of touring around so I decided to stay home. It's good to have some alone time and I think it gave her an opportunity to just be with her friends and not have to worry about me. Plus, I liked being able to shower, relax, and work on some photo editing and blog posting since we had stayed out kind of late the night before. Linda and I woke up around 10:30 and then had some bread and eggs for breakfast. We didn't really do anything between breakfast and lunch. Just kind of hung out. For lunch we had spaghetti and marinara sauce. After lunch, we went with Kathryn, Andrew, and Tim to a high ropes course in the forest up in the nearby mountain. It was totally awesome. There are cables, zip-lines, and different paths you take between hundreds of trees. I had never done anything like it before! We had a lot of fun. The scariest one we did was called "Tarzan." First you climbed a latter up to a platform and then went along a cargo net to a higher platform. From there, you attached your clips to this rope thing that slid along some cables like a vine. Then, you jumped and basically free fell until the rope became taught and you swung into a vertical cargo net. It was so scary. To make things even more frightening, just as I was getting ready to go, it started to rain! It stopped after a few minutes, though. After you were on the cargo net, you unclipped your hooks from the vine rope and back on to the usual safety wire and continued on through the path. At the end there was a zip-line to the ground. I didn't bring my camera along because there was really nowhere I could have put it, so there's no pictures today. We got back home and changed to go directly to a pizzeria for dinner. I had some delicious margarita pizza. We just recently arrived back here. I'm going to get ready for bed now! I've got a long day of classes tomorrow with Linda...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that I only found out about the high ropes course until AFTER you had done it, Justine. It does sound like it was fun and scary at the same time!

    XO Nanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it was! Try not to worry too much...

      Delete